Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Athens, Alabama

WELCOME TO ATHENS, ALABAMA


As you enter Athens, AL you will see this welcome sign.
It is a new sign made of metal, which replaced the old wooden sign that was beginning to fall apart. Had I know that they were going to be replaced I would have gotten a picture of it, and if I had, I would have a then and now picture. Oh well.


If you stop at the welcome sign, bring a packed lunch/ picnic and sit at the picnic tables to eat and look at the army plane. This plane is at the welcome sign to draw attention to the Veteran Museum that Athens has. More about that later.


Atlas really liked the plane. He wanted to fly it, never mind that did it did not have a motor.



He wanted to have this view from the other side of the glass.


"Oh, I love you!"


There is so much more to tell you about Athens, Alabama! This is just the beginning.

Highway 31 South
Athens, Alabama

No comments:

Post a Comment